Does turmeric for psoriasis work? Like every possible treatment for psoriasis, there are those who laud its capabilities for keeping psoriasis at bay and other sufferers who did not notice nay benefits. In order to determine why turmeric may work as a treatment option for you to consider, let us look at the properties of turmeric and how they may be beneficial in the fight against psoriasis.
What is all the Fuss about Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice. Spices are usually made from the bark, fruits, roots, seeds or buds of a plant. In this case, turmeric is derived from the rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae which is native to India. Turmeric is the spice that is included in curry to make it yellow and is also a feature of yellow mustard.
Since it is native to India and very popular in India, it has been used in the practice of traditional Ayurvedic medicine besides culinary uses. It has also been used in traditional Chinese medicine.
The vital part of turmeric that is raved about is the active ingredient curcumin which has been noted to have very powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin is the explanation for why some sufferers have reported great benefits when they use this spice against psoriasis which is an inflammatory disease.
While a lot of research still needs to be done into the health benefits of this spice, some research has shown that curcumin is able to inhibit the enzyme PhK which is blamed for the overactive skin cell growth associated with psoriasis.
Other conditions for which there has been some benefit when turmeric is used as a treatment method other than psoriasis include;
- Cardiovascular disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Digestive problems
- Weight loss
There are countless stories about how turmeric usage has helped many people reduce and even eliminate psoriasis flare-ups. Is this something you should try? The better question is probably what do you have to lose by trying this spice? When using natural treatment methods such as turmeric, it is important to give it a few months to see whether any benefits are obtained. It is unrealistic to expect a change in a day or a week.
You can use turmeric in various ways for psoriasis natural treatment such as;
- Using the spice in food and drink on a daily basis. Add it to milk, in cereal, to coffee or any other way in which you ingest it.
- In pill form daily. Turmeric stains and you may prefer using turmeric or curcumin capsules to avoid the stains from turmeric spice usage. Capsules have been found to be just as effective as the raw spice.
- Turmeric paste applied externally. Pour an amount of the spice sufficient to meet your needs for your psoriasis lesions in a glass bowl and then add water until a thick paste is formed. If the paste is too runny, simply thicken it up by adding a little more of the spice.A turmeric paste is usually most effective when it is applied to the lesion and left on overnight but you can leave it on for an hour or two if you prefer. Simply apply enough of the paste and cover it with gauze to prevent it from shifting and staining.Rinse off with warm water in the morning or after an hour or two after removing the gauze.
Caution with Turmeric Usage
Like almost everything in life, turmeric isn’t for everybody. Some of the issues with turmeric include;
- Allergic reaction such as a rash or liver enzyme elevation.
- If you are on other medication, turmeric may react badly to it so examine any medication you are taking and talk to your doctor about whether it is safe for you to add turmeric to your diet.
- Turmeric may increase the risk of kidney stones in some people because it increases oxalate in urine.
Find organic turmeric powder at your local grocery store or drugstore.
Turmeric for psoriasis is definitely something to consider to combat psoriasis because of turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. For more holistic methods for psoriasis treatment, the Psoriasis Free For Life guide shows the natural methods to overcome psoriasis and keep psoriasis flare-ups away over a long-term period.
>>>Ex Sufferer Reveals Secret System For Lasting Psoriasis Freedom Using Natural Methods Only<<<